Monday, September 20, 2010

Bushcraft and Woodcraft Basic Skills

A while back I was reading some articles about different situations where people were hurt, lost or died in the woods.  The one thing that kept occurring to me in almost every story, was how unprepared most of these people were.  How a simple woods kit and some knowledge and there would have been no reason to write the articles because there would have been no tragedy.  After thinking about this for a few days, I decided to put some thoughts down on paper, a few simple thoughts turned into four pages, then six pages and at last count nine pages.  What started out as an idea for a blog post or two, turned into is a basic guide to bushcraft skills, with an emphasis on being prepared and aware in the woods.  I'm pretty sure it's almost done now, I just need to write a summary and edit the entire document a couple of dozen times, and when it's ready, I'll be posting it up on here one section at a time.  So if I haven't been posting as much recently, this is one of the reasons why.  Hopefully I'll post the first section in a day or two.  In the meantime,  Have a great week and be stay safe in the woods.
Thanks,
nev

1 comment: